Accueil Forums Au Bistrot des Edels Converting boltrope sail to slugs sliders

3 sujets de 1 à 3 (sur un total de 3)
  • Auteur
    Utilisateur Anonymisé
    Visiteur
    Mousse

Recently i convert my my main sail from bolt rope to slugs sliders, this allows me to flake the sail onto the boom.
    I used nylon slugs 13/32 inches (10,3 mm) but it seems that 1/2 inch (12mm) might work too. There are different ways to install the slugs, the simplest seems to be using metal or plastic shackles, that is if you have the equipment to make the corresponding for making metal ring eyes (grommets, die and hole cutter).
    I decided to use webbing (12 mm polyester) and sewing kit. in the photos you can see the process of sewing. To keep things on place I used double sided tape. I ended each time with melting the end knop with a lighter. The thread is polyester twine pre-waxed for hand sewing.
    All the components have certain level of UV protection.

The average spacing between slugs is between 60 to 70 cm. starting at the top, 3 cm down the headboard. you have to take into consideration the presence of other elements like reefing metal rings. I used an space of 67 cm and a total of 10 slugs.

Fichiers joints:

marinou
    Participant
    Matelot

Nice Job on the conversion to slug slider, and thanks to share it with us.

On your photo, your mast looks like it is bend forward…maybe it’s just the picture, but it look kind of weird.

Utilisateur Anonymisé
    Visiteur
    Mousse

thanks. Strange picture indeed, i havent noticed it before but now that you say… I will check.

3 sujets de 1 à 3 (sur un total de 3)
  • Vous devez être connecté pour répondre à ce sujet.